Saturday, July 30, 2016

Pondering more Orphan Blocks

Here's another mess of Orphan blocks from that large stash that I was given in June.  In the search for UNITY in any design there has to be something that pulls everything together.  All the parts need to have some commonality.  It can be achieved in a variety of ways: color, tone, theme etc. I've always maitained that you can mix any BRIGHTS with any other BRIGHTS.  One Bright in a bunch of soft colors shouts; but, throw it in with a whole bunch of it's own kind and you have a loud party.  Well that's the idea behind this grouping. Now I just have to figure out the geometry of it all, how can I get them to fit together?!  
Stay tuned.
While the above grouping presents a big challenge some blocks just say "put me together fool!"
These six blocks came with a little extra fabric to make the corner stones and I had the yellow for the sashing in my stash and Debbie D. gave me the batik for the border and ta da, instant top!
It could be a cake mix?! 
Fun and easy and just the right size for a Vets lap quilt! 
I don't have much patience for making the same block over and over but give me a bunch blocks that go together and I can finish the top in a jiffy!
Just one of many reasons I feel so lucky to have been gifted all those orphan blocks!
Have a great weekend!
Cheers, Claire W.

1 comment:

  1. I'll be very interested to see how these come together - it seem to be kind of like doing a jigsaw puzzle. I agree with your theory on brights.

    ReplyDelete