Sunday, September 11, 2016

Quilt for new Grand Baby!

We traveled to Indy, ID.  last week to meet our new grand daughter Sadie and visit with her big sis and parents!  We had so much fun!  I originally thought I would give Sadie this quilt,  but when I saw her I knew I wanted to give her something different.  So I whipped up this little flannel receiving blanket so's not to go-visiting empty handed.  This will buy me some time while I figure out what I really want to make for her.
                              I wish I had more of that butterfly fab.  but it was just a scrap!
The grey flannel on the outside was particularly soft and wonderful.  Some kind of a yarn dyed flannel?!  Since it was just two layers I simply stitched in the ditch around each square. So Simple!
I used this "I Love Lucy " flannel fab for the backing.  I've been hoarding it for a special occasion.
It makes me laugh!  I sooooo remember that episode!
I hope Sadie likes to cuddle with it as she grows. Her mom said she liked it a lot so it surely won't get stored in a draw!
Have a great week!
Next Post will be Sept. BOM (think Halloween!)
Cheers, CW

2 comments:

  1. It is interesting how we change our minds about a quilt we want to make for a baby after we see the baby, isn't it? What a sweet, feminine quilt for baby Sadie. I love new flannel for baby quilts but I hesitate to use it because it so often becomes "bally" after a wash or two.
    --Nancy. (ndmessier @ aol.com, joyforgrace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you want to make exactly the right quilt for Sadie! Your receiving blanket looks very soft and snuggly in the meantime.

    ReplyDelete