Monday, October 17, 2016

Find the imposter!

A couple of weeks ago I posted some pix of these blocks gifted to me by a friend.  All I needed was one more block to make this layout.  So I dug deep into my vintage stash to find two fabrics to use for that one block.  i did not have anything that would yield an exact copy of any of the blocks but I wanted to catch the flavor of the other blocks. Can you find the imposter?  It was a fun exercise and I hand pieced the block to be authentic to the original blocks that are all hand pieced.  Of course that was not to difficult since I only had one block to make!! lol
I'll post the answer next time...
Have a great week!
Cheers, CW

9 comments:

  1. You're using Lightbox in blogger, Claire, so I couldn't enlarge the photo to get a good view but.... It seems like lots of the stars came in twos or threes, which ruled out many. But my guess is between row 3, 2nd, 3rd, or 6th from the left; or row 4, first on the left. You did a good job matching. I'll watch for your post to tell which is the real "imposter."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was with you when you were sewing it and I am still having trouble identifying it. You did a fabulous job!! See! You CAN hand piece!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I won't guess because I remember you working on it. I love these blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My guess is one of the pink ones. Row three, block six, or row five, block one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a great job! I'd have to guess the red print near the center.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hm-m-m maybe row 3, third from the left? Looks lovely anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm all for row 3, 3rd from the left ..

    ReplyDelete
  8. I guessed wrong--even though I watched you work on it! so much for my memory... :-)

    ReplyDelete