Saturday, September 16, 2017

Halloween / October Quilt

Many years ago I went to an exhibit at New Pieces quilt shop in Berkeley, CA.  The exhibit featured a quilter (I don't remember her name) who had made a quilt for her own bed for each month in the year.  I don't remember all of her themes but several featured whatever major holiday occurred in that month; like an xmas quilt for December,  a halloween quilt for October etc.

I'm not sure I want to make a different quilt for every month of the year but I thought I might start with one Special Seasonal quilt. I do love Halloween (and Halloween fabric) and the change of seasons that occurs in October, so I thought I'd start by making myself an October quilt.  I have been ruminating on this idea for some time and been collecting themed fabric for the project.  I don't think I'll finish this quilt by October 1st, but, I have started to develop a layout and it's pretty simple so I might finish it by Halloween...
I know what I want for the center and I've worked out the border so I just need to figure out the stuff in between!  LOL!
I probably have enough Halloween fabric for about 10 Halloween quilts!  And I have some really nice Fall Fabric for a backing so when Halloween is over I'll be able to turn it over and use the other side.
Maybe I should just design a Thanksgiving top for the back?  Now there's an idea!
Two for the price of one!
Well we'll see.
Have a great weekend!
cheers, CW

5 comments:

  1. Your Halloween-quilt-to-be is awesome! Love it.
    I wish you'd let me donate more fabrics for your project!
    Great idea to change quilts each season!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Halloween's not such a big deal here, but I love what you have on your wall!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2 for 1!!! I have started doing that for my wall hangings and table toppers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have that dot with the black background and other Halloween fabrics. Love where you're going with this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like that idea! What you've got started ias so cool!!

    ReplyDelete